HAGA is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
We aim to respond to all applications within five days. If you have not heard from us after a week, you may assume that your application has not been successful this time. We do, however, urge you to apply for further positions as they arise.
In an ideal world we would respond to everyone individually, but we don’t have the time to do this; thank you for your understanding.
To apply, please download and complete the application pack, which includes our safeguarding and equal opportunities forms.
You’ll need to email your completed forms to: email@example.com
There are lots of reasons to work for HAGA
Where do we start? You’ll be working with a great team of people (service-users and staff) in a specialist alcohol and recovery service provider with a clear commitment to quality, service-user involvement, co-production, innovation, and digital technology. Plus you will have a chance to grow and develop your skills and experience.
‘I had been working in the NHS since I became a qualified mental health nurse. Whilst working in the NHS I had developed my own perception of non-statutory and voluntary organisation based on the feedback I had received from clients and other colleagues. When I was offered my first role as an agency nurse at HAGA, I didn’t know what to expect. I was a bit apprehensive but decided that I need to have my own experience. I was very surprised when I arrived how warm the team was towards me and how quickly I settled in. I have seen first-hand where agency nurses are not always treated favourable in other places I have worked. The passion that exists amongst member of staff to work with this client group was very reassuring. I was also very impressed that HAGA provides a seamless service from one stage of treatment to the next as all are done in house. I think this is crucial as moving clients that are very early in their recovery to another provider can impact on clients’ motivation to continue treatment. I am also very fascinated with the Enhance Detox Programme and found when I speak to other professionals about it they are equally fascinated. I have furthered my experience from working with HAGA and I am truly grateful to be granted that opportunity.’ Kenisha
Other HAGA staff benefits include:
- 28 days annual leave per year pro rata from 1st April to 31st March (plus bank holidays). This is increased to 30 days per year pro rata after five years service
- Reasonable in-work travel expenses
- An Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) offering free legal and employment advice for all HAGA staff
- Reflective practice sessions for clinical staff facilitated by a psychotherapist
- All employees are eligible to join HAGA’s pensions scheme. HAGA contributes up to 5% of gross pensionable remunerations
Learning and development opportunities including:
- Industry standard training for project workers (Level 3 Health and Social Care diploma) and managers (Level 5 Management) is also available
- Paid course fees and study leave for relevant qualifications
- In-house training programme, such as a range of specialist alcohol, Motivational Interviewing (MI), online interventions, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT) and management development training
- A Cycle to Work scheme through which staff can purchase up to two adult bikes (costing up to £1000 each) exempt from tax and National Insurance, allowing the total cost to be spread over twelve monthly wage deductions
- Eye care voucher scheme, where permanent staff who use a computer screen for more than one hour per day can receive a free eye test and £80 towards glasses used for display screen equipment.
- Interest-free season ticket loans for staff working with HAGA for at least one year
If you’d like to chat about any role prior to applying, then call HR on 020 8800 6999
Job vacancies at HAGA
Job Title: Substance Misuse Worker – Domestic Abuse Lead
Responsible: Team Leader – day services
Salary Scale: NJC SP 26 £24,879 (including Outer London Weighting)
Hours: 37.5 hours per week (Evening and Saturday rota as required)
Based within HaringeyDetails